Follow me as I travel to new destinations, explore new flavors,
enjoy friends and family and enhance life with new experiences.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Veggie Bowl

Saturday night I was craving the delicious veggies I purchased that morning.  Grilled summer vegetables are my favorite side dish.  This time I made them the main dish by mixing in some chickpeas and serving it up as a big Veggie Bowl.
                                                      
I grilled slices of yellow squash, zucchini, sweet peppers, and red onion and sprinkled them with red pepper, cumin, brown sugar, and salt.  When they were almost soft I tossed in some chickpeas. 

Meanwhile, I mixed tomato slices with olive oil and fresh cilantro.  When the veggies were finished grilling, I chopped them into bite size pieces, tossed it all together and dug in!  Delish!

2 comments:

charles0142 said...

Wow that sounds delicious. Did you grill the veges outside on your little grill? Could I grill veges like that on my grill pan inside? Did you coat the veges with anything before you grilled? Can I ask anymore questions???

Ange said...

I used my grill pan on the stove, and I just sprayed the pan with Pam before putting the veggies on. Super easy!