Follow me as I travel to new destinations, explore new flavors,
enjoy friends and family and enhance life with new experiences.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Veggie Sandwich

I have a bunch of veggies that I need to quickly eat before they go bad since I've been out of town for about a week.  So, last night I put together this veggie sandwich.  

I had some tzatziki sauce leftover that I made with a recipe last week, Greek-Style Pork Chops (also one you should try).  So I toasted a Bagel Thin, and spread on the tzatziki sauce.  I sliced some cucumber, red bell pepper, orange sweet pepper, zucchini, red onion, tomato and basil and parsley from my garden, topped the bagel with the sliced veggies, sprinkled with salt and pepper, and smashed down with the bagel topper. 

It was so filling, tasty, healthy and colorful! 
This is the kind of weird recipe I have to try alone first so I don't suffer D through too many bad attempts at creative cooking!  This one turned out well and is one I'll definitely make again for the both of us. 

No comments: