Follow me as I travel to new destinations, explore new flavors,
enjoy friends and family and enhance life with new experiences.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Inspiration is always lurking...

For a while, I had been bored of the painting over my couch, but what else could I put there?  One weekend of apartment re-organization, I found the inspiration lurking under my bed. 

Many supplies purchased for projects that go unfinished end up decorating the floor under my bed.  I found a wooden frame I had bought from Hobby Lobby a while back. I also found some empty picture frames and a few silver crosses.  In an "ah-ha" moment, I came up with a creative way to use all of these pieces together to decorate my wall.  

I spray painted the frame black.  Once it dried I realized it was too shiny, so I sanded it to give it a shabby chic look.  Then, as you can see I used the frames and crosses as "artwork" instead of a framed picture or painting.  Now I can change out the pictures for different seasons or any time I get bored.  An ever-changing work of art.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aren't you the smartest and craftiest??!!
P