Follow me as I travel to new destinations, explore new flavors,
enjoy friends and family and enhance life with new experiences.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

We made it!

We made it!  Slept a few hours on the plane and landed yesterday at 11:30am London time.  Finally figured out the underground...Picadilly line to Picadilly Circus then Bakerloo to Oxford Circus.  Had a little issue with accents, amazing how the same language can sound so different!  Our backpacks are so heavy I was able to pass by my favorite stores, H&M, Zara, and Mango, on our way to the hostel.  I couldn't wait to unload all of our baggage!

Our hostel wasn't bad at all.  I had a really nice girl in my room from Denver.  She was traveling alone and had been for a month.  I can't imagine!  We stopped at the classy little pub across the street, Coach and Horses.  Then we wandered around happening to bump into all of the sites we wanted to see, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, and London Eye.  I got to hear Big Ben chime too!

We stopped at a few pubs last night, really enjoying John Snows.  Now we are about to catch our train to Paris!  Cheers!

4 comments:

The Photo Goo said...

Is John Snows a beer? I've never heard of it?

charles0142 said...

The pictures are awesome. Please keep them coming. You both look so happy. We look forward to hearing from you whenever you can. I pass everything on to Papaw and I promise you he just gets so excited to hear about everything. Yesterday he told me a story about when he was in Paris. We love you,
mom and dad.

charles0142 said...

Hope you are having a great time. Looks like loads of fun. keep the pictures coming.
Dad

Ange said...

John Snow was a bar that was really old with a tiny door you had to crouch through to get to the seating area. One of our favorite things about all of the bars was that everyone took their beers outside and stood on the streets to chat.