Follow me as I travel to new destinations, explore new flavors,
enjoy friends and family and enhance life with new experiences.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hotel du Commerce

I've said we're not going to book our hostels ahead of time, but since the Rock en Seine festival is happening while we're in Paris, the hostels are starting to get booked up...at least the cheapest rooms are. So last night we made our reservations for Paris at Hotel du Commerce.  It's technically a hotel, not a hostel, but I really don't think there is much difference in this case.  You could call it a crummy hotel or a decent hostel.  It's in the Latin Quarter a few blocks from Notre Dame and most importantly just around the corner from a Metro station so we can easily get to the festival.

For other cities our process has been that D narrows down to a few and then I research and pick the one we want.  For Paris, the decision was just mine, so I spent more time than I should have researching trying to pick the perfect place in the perfect location within our budget.  I'm sure this place isn't perfect, but D said he'll pretend it is the best hostel he's ever been to no matter what. 

No comments: