Follow me as I travel to new destinations, explore new flavors,
enjoy friends and family and enhance life with new experiences.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Last morning in Amsterdam

We had some exploring time before our train to Munich, so we did some more wandering, of course.  We stumbled upon a pretty little walled in community, Begijnhof.  It was originally built as a community for women that wanted to live a reighteous life, but didn't want to commit to the life of a nun.  Now it is just inhabited by single women.


It was really chilly at night. My jacket wasn't quite enough, but I held off buying a coat until I found out that the weather in Munich and Prague is expected to be even cooler. So I bought a coat at the flea market by the river Amstel.  I did some successful bargaining! 

A little more wandering, then back to pick up our packs...
Daniel on a boat with a Dutch elephant, of course


On our way to the train station we stopped for some local fare, Haring.  It's raw fish with onions and pickles on a bun.  It tasted like onions with a weird squishy texture. I wasn't a big fan, but I'm glad we tried it!  Next...Munich...
Yes, that's me with the huge backpack!

2 comments:

The Photo Goo said...

I could have definitely fit in your bag! I noticed it does look chilly in your pics. Thanks for all the updates! Keep them coming.

Got your postcard yesterday :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.